Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2012 Ram 6.7 3500 diesel that will start fine some…

I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 Ram 6.7 3500 diesel that will start fine some times and run fine, other times I will be driving down the road and it acts like I turned the Key off. The road surface does not matter, the speed does not matter, the weather conditions do not matter. It has done it in all conditions, high speeds, slow speeds, sitting in my driveway......never the same conditions. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Sometimes it is and sometimes it is not. Most of the time, I am driving when it happens.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is a 3500 6.7 diesel..........and yes, I am fixing it my self if it is something I can fix.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, it is a very unsafe occurrence when it happens, especially at freeway speeds in traffic.

8/23/2017
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

We have seen problems with the WIN Module (Wireless Ignition Node aka Ignition Switch). There is a test that you can run to see if it is the WIN Module. When you start the engine, grab the fob key and wiggle it in the ignition. Try back and forth and up and down. Let me know if it happens to stall when you do this with the key....

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master