Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

68 dodge Polara 383 start runs for few seconds dies also…

68 dodge Polara 383...

68 dodge Polara 383 start runs for few seconds dies also won't stay running in drive or reverse

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

It's a new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '68 Dodge?

Polara eng383

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes car had not been running for 6 years so I put new battery new fuel pump and filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car run very smoothly just won't stay running.

8/22/2017
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok, my first condern is the carb. 6 years is a long time and it may be full of sludge inside. I would remove the top of the carb and inspect the bowl.

start there.

Roy

Ok i will try doing this thanks for your help. Should I take the fuel tank off of the car and clean it out also?

that would be a great idea. then you have clean tank, lines and carb

Roy

Please take a moment and rate me 3 stars or better so the site will pay me for my efforts

Roy

roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

thank you