Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech
Experience:  Automotive instructor at Porter and Chester institute
14457476

Went to start the 2011 Dodge Ram1500 and the it would not

Went to start the 2011 Dodge Ram1500 and the it would not start. Then everything on the dash lit up and started blinking like crazy and a small red light is now on. The key would not come out. Finally the lights stopped going crazy, the small red one is still on and the key came out. One tail light is on and it still will not start.
JA: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?
Customer: Getting checked now. Which bulbs and what connection?
JA: What is the model of your '11 Dodge?
Customer: Are you wanting the serial number? It's a ram 1500 truck quad cab truck.
JA: I hope not. Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Disconnected the battery and reconnecting now as we speak.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The change oil sign has been coming on and it's not time to change the oil. It will not start and the key will not come out again.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We are under a time constraint since I start school on Monday. I'm a school teacher and need my transportation. TYIA

Hi welcome to just answers my name is Ricardo. is possible that the battery may be low have you try charging the battery or connecting a booster pack and trying to see if everything goes back to normal?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The battery is original but not low. We traveled out of town this morning and back with numerous stops. Fired up just fine every time. We maintain the truck pretty good and it only has a little over 80K on it.

does the engine cranks but wont start?

try disconnecting both battery cables and contact them together for one minute then reconnect them starting with negative first then positive

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It will not even turn over. Nothing. When I open the fuse box under the hood there was two relays vibrating and humming.

do the headlights work?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. The interior lights come on briefly but go off and the dash starts blinking gain. But when the dash lights are blinking and going crazy the words "no fuse" blinks between the miles on the odometer.

this means the "IOD" fuse has no power do to either battery not charge enough or fuse blown or missing, have you check all the fuses in the engine compartment or are you sure the battery is fully charge.?

Check fuses 2, 11 and 35 in the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM). outside of the engine compartment.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have no checked all fuses yet but I will first thing in the morning when it's light out. I'll hook a battery charger up tonight just to make sure. Will you be available tomorrow morning for follow up?

yes after 10 am .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you and I'll let you know. Have a good evening.

Good Night.

Good Morning, let me know if you are going to need any more help. dont forget to rate my answer

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Good morning Sir, I took the battery in to have it tested this mirning. It was bad with only 5 CCA's. I biught a new battery and that fixed it. Thank you again for the responses. Have a good day.

very good i am happy to know your trip was not ruin. Don't forget to rate my answer, i dont get paid for my time unless you rate the answer thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
TY and I'll rate now��

thank you.