sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

The cruise control lights up on the dash,but none of the

the cruise control lights up on the dash,but none of the controls on the steering wheel respond?
JA: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: yes operations are normal. Idont know where or which fuse to check
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2003 ram 1500 ex cab with 4.7 motor
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes myself, havent done anything yet,cause i dont have a fuse diagram
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are a handful of things that could be preventing cruise control from working. The problem may be one of the switches themselves, the cruise servo, brake switch, the clockspring and wiring to any of these parts, or a loss of vacuum to the servo. The problem may also be a seemingly unrelated powertrain issue that's causing cruise to be inhibited. A throttle position or MAP sensor issue, a trans problem, loss of vehicle speed message, etc will cause cruise to be disabled because it will prevent the PCM from being able to properly control vehicle speed.

If servo vacuum is ok then the next step will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see if any fault codes are setting and then testing can be done from there.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!