Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

My "check gauges" light stays on and my oil pressure goes

My "check gauges" light stays...
My "check gauges" light stays on and my oil pressure goes back to zero after about 30 seconds. All other gauges are working.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: 2500 Dodge Ram, 2007,
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't done anything so far, but would like to fix it myself.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The truck works fine and I am going to do an oil change.
8/18/2017
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The check gauges light will come on when a fault is seen with one of the gauges and in this case this is the engine oil pressure gauge.What causes the engine oil pressure gauge pressure to drop like this is a faulty engine oil pressure sensor needing replaced.The oil pressure sensor is the most common cause for this issue.The computer will put the pressure at 0 when it sees a fault with this sensor.

You can usually get this sensor from a local parts store or dealer for usually less then $100 and about an hours labor or so to replace in most cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

where is the sensor located?

Can you tell me what liter engine this has in it?

6.7 litre cummins
Are you still there?

Unfortunately I am unable to place a call on this here myself but others see you have requested a call and may still call on this here.I can however continue here.

My info says the oil pressure sensor is on the drivers side of the engine low by the oil pan area and you may have to look in through the wheel well or pull the inner fender liner out to see it. Unfortunately it is not showing me a picture of this.But you can usually get a location picture from the parts store or dealers parts department when purchased if you ask for one.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician
Pete, Auto Service Technician