Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Fan for heat/air will not stay off, have no checked either,

fan for heat/air will not stay off
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: have no checked either
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2011 dodge journey
JA: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: mainstreet have not tried anything yet, I just became aware of the issue. I turn off the fan switch, and a few seconds later it comes back on It does thsi repeatedly
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, my name is ***** ***** the blower come on, with the key off, or just when its on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just when key is on. To clarify this is the interior blower motor for heat/AC. When I press the button on the fan speed dial it turns off and a few seconds later it come on again. It does this repeatedly. No way to shut it off permanently.

ok, then thisis going to be a bad controller, in the dash, where the settings are made, if you press it and it goes off, and then comes back on again without touching it, its going to be bad controller,Tim

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can I replace this myself? Where is it located? Can you provide a PN?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is this the blower motor resistor? Behind the glove box?

Yes, but it is not called a resistor anymore, it is called the blower motor control module,Tim

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok I've replaced this before on a dodge caravan

Yes, it is under the dash, near the blower motor, and most pars houses carry these for about 40 dollars,Tim

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The ones I'm seeing are $105 for the front, $60 for the rear

you are correct, I just looked them up, the front is about 100 dollars and the rear about 50

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thanks for your help

Anytime my friend , please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will do

At the top of the page, there are 5 stars, you have to rate me 3 stars or higher for me to get paid,Tim