Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I am having problems with my key fob not locking/unlocking…

I am having problems...

I am having problems with my key fob not locking/unlocking doors. the lock/unlock switch doesn't work either. The only door that both locks or unlocks with the fob or the button on the door is the driver side front door. The driver side doors (both) and the front passenger side door will unlock but not lock with the fob. The passenger side rear door doesn't work at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes i have and i tried my other fob as well. no luck

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

Plus the unlock button on the driver side door doesn't work 2013 dodge ram 1500 4X4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not tried to do anything yet. have just looked for possible answers online.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should do it.

8/18/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

thank you

do the locks work with out using the key fob if use the lock/ unlock inside ,same results

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

if i use the lock/unlock button on the driver or passenger door, both front doors and the rear driver side door will unlock. the rear passenger door will not unlock.the only door that locks with that button is the driver side front door.

The issue are the lock actuator common failure ,since bot fob have same effect and inside same thing ,take the door panel apart most likely they need replacing

now in some case the door lock module is the issue but rare ,usually actuator fails

has anybody been in it ,prior to this ,any window regulator replaced at one point

Lets do below procedure , scanner is needed to confirm ,but we can try resenting it ,if it made work then we now no actuator issue ,if not then it will be ,but testing is needed in this in case

YOU ARE WELCOME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till LATE PM Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat

Thank You For The Rating :)

IF you need my Assistance in The Future on a Different issue , Just start your Question with ( FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY)

or Click on the link Below to Enter My Profile & Under My Picture Profile There is a Box That Says (Ask Your Question)

It will be Highlighted in Orange, Type your Question in The Box & It will be sent straight To Me to Assist you .

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat