Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Having code p1390 come up, what could be wrong. P1390. 2000…

Having code p1390 come...

Having code p1390 come up, what could be wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Yes P1390

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2000 Dodge neon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Neon yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

8/17/2017
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Here is the definition for this code.

P1390 Timing Belt Skipped One Tooth Or More

Possible Causes

• Valve timing is out of specifications
  • Camshaft timing is out of specifications
Thank you
Can I fix it ,
What would be the cost to fix if i took to a shop

You can fix it if you are able to install a new timing belt.

At a shop it would cost 500 to 600 bucks or so depending on what they replace and the shops labor rate.

You are welcome!

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or off line spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician