Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How do I turn off the ESP light it just started to come on…

Customer Question
How do I turn...

How do I turn off the ESP light it just started to come on constantly

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the light been on for some time?

It just came on it just came on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2008 Dodge Ram 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried turning the wheel all the way to the right all the way to the left back to straight shutting the vehicle off during the vehicle back on and it's still not going off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I just want this light to go off

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dodge
8/14/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The ESP (Electronic Stability Program/Brake Assist System) light comes on when the system sees a fault and until the system is scanned and the fault code retrieved and the caused fixed the light can not be turned off. The first thing you are going to need to do is to have the system scanned and the fault code retrieved and that will have to be addressed. If you can get this done and post back with this I will help you determine the cause and help you get it fixed so the light will go off.