Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

How do I turn off the ESP light it just started to come on

Customer Question

How do I turn off the ESP light it just started to come on constantly
JA: Has the light been on for some time?
Customer: It just came on it just came on
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried turning the wheel all the way to the right all the way to the left back to straight shutting the vehicle off during the vehicle back on and it's still not going off
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I just want this light to go off
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

The ESP (Electronic Stability Program/Brake Assist System) light comes on when the system sees a fault and until the system is scanned and the fault code retrieved and the caused fixed the light can not be turned off. The first thing you are going to need to do is to have the system scanned and the fault code retrieved and that will have to be addressed. If you can get this done and post back with this I will help you determine the cause and help you get it fixed so the light will go off.