Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

2007 Ram 1500 5.7l 4x4 Hemi Laramie non mega cab New front

Customer Question
2007 Ram 1500 5.7l 4x4...
2007 Ram 1500 5.7l 4x4 Hemi Laramie non mega cab
New front rotors, calipers, pads.....bled system until no air at all for corners in sequence.
Brakes work fine, no pulling or vibrations however there is zero wear on the drivers side rotor.
Fluid flows free through the brake line to the caliper, has been bled multiple times still no wear, passenger side appears to work as it should.
Is it possible to still have air in that one caliper or the new caliper is faulty? Could the short section of rubber hose going to the caliper have an internal collapse?
Any suggestions?
I
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/8/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, first thing, look at the caliper and tell me position of the bleeder screw - above or below the brake hose to caliper connection

Above
All four the same

HI,

Ok, good.

You need to remove the wheel(if not off already), and have someone press the brake pedal down while you watch the caliper.

If the piston does not extend, then you have a collapsed hose.

If it does, then observe the caliper slides to see if the caliper travels on them. If not, then remove, use emory cloth on them, lube with brake lube and reinstall.

If they do, then remove the caliper and manually try to move the pads to see if they are sticking. If they are, they may bee a poor cut on them causing too tight a fit and not allowing them to move along the caliper rail. Use a dremel or grinder to remove a little material until the slide freely and do not hang up

Most of the time it is either the caliper pins or the pads hanging up and not moving freely

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?

~Confused by my info request or answer?

~Need more time?

~Confused on how the site works?

~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that continued poor accept rate now leads to experts ignoring future questions you may post as they realize that they will not be paid for their time or services. Thank you

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager