Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Check oil light came on stopped put a quart of oil in

Customer Question

Check oil light came on stopped put a quart of oil in buzzing noise started then truck shut off an won't restart. 2005 durango
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Check oil
JA: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Turning the car on an trying to start it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Dodge
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 2 months ago.

Hi. I am Eric and will help you with your concern today. Please rate my assistance after we have concluded chatting.

Have you tried getting it started by using a battery jump pack? Or jumper cables?

Please also note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have.

CLICK HERE for rating system example.

Please read this:

Understand it's not one response and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also work for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say "I'm satisfied".

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's not a battery problem I thought mabey a reset button since it was low on oil

There is no reset like that. What exactly does the engine do now when trying to start it? Does the engine crank over?

CLICK HERE for rating system example.

Please read this:

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
cranks over real hard. Just thought like if you crashed the fuel pump would shut down until u reset it with a switch so like mabey it wouldn't blow ur engine up from lack of oil

No it does not do that with the oil. It shouldnt crank hard. Did the engine stall or did you shut it off and it would not restart?

CLICK HERE for rating system example.

Please read this:

Thanks for using Just Answer.