Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Greetimgs. 2001 Dodge Caravan stuck in second gear. I have…

Customer Question
Greetimgs. 2001 Dodge Caravan...
Greetimgs. 2001 Dodge Caravan stuck in second gear. I have followed the instructions and these are my code: P1684, PO700, P0456 Any help would be appreciated thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/6/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Amedee, Dodge Technician replied 1 year ago
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Does your vehicle have a tach and speedo? If so, do they both work while driving the vehicle?

Thank you.

May I get your VIN please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1B4GP45351B133974

Thank you for that information.

The P0456 code is for the evap system. That is not related to the transmission issue

The P0700 and possibly the P1684 are related.

Usually when we see this issue it is due to a faulty transmission input shaft speed sensor or output shaft speed sensor. Both are cheap and are easy to replace.

Another possible cause would be a faulty transmission control module, wiring or power supply to the transmission control module and or an internal transmission failure.

However, I would start by checking the transmission speed sensors first as well as checking all fuses before going after the transmission control module.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please describe the location of transmission output shaft selector/input shaft selector

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or off line spending time with my family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Regarding the picture you just where on the vehicle Are those sensors located?

That would be on the transmission.

Hello there!

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Customer/p>