Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have fuel to the injection pump but not to the injectors.

Customer Question

i have fuel to the injection pump but not to the injectors. Trying to determine if its the pump or its electrical
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Dodge. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: i have had to bypass the ECM for the lift pump about a year ago It stop sending power to the pump
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

What is the year, make, model engine?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2001 dodge 2500 5.9 turbo diesel
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

I am not a diesel expert. I will opt out.

Expert:  bill replied 2 months ago.

if you have fuel entering the high pressure pump and nothing exiting it it's the high pressure pump that has failed, i have seen the cascade valve in the back of the pump fail which causes no fuel pressure but that is serviced with the pump currently. disconnecting the cascade valve SHOULD default it to full pressure so it's likely not electrical, have you pulled any fault codes?