Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am attempting to do a 3rd tail/Cargo light led swap. On…

Customer Question
I am attempting to...

I am attempting to do a 3rd tail/Cargo light led swap. On the halogen lights on the cargo lights are off bit the led cargo lights are staying on. The switch is off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The 3rd brake light/Cargo light on the back of the cab

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Cargo?

96 dodge ram 2500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cargo yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was replacing the old fixture with a new led fixture. Yes I am attempting to do it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just that the switch is off on the dash

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dodge
8/7/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I will need to pull the wiring schematics to start with and to do so, I need to get the last 8 of the vin number.