Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

On cold start up i get tapping knocking noise ..after about…

Customer Question
On cold start up...

On cold start up i get tapping knocking noise ..after about 20 zeconds the noise starts to fade away and then u cant hear it ...

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Bout 3 days sounds like the left side..i changed oil yeaterday .start up truck again and its still nakin the noise

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2014 dodge 1500 larmie longhorn 54371 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your B1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No im not ....jus changing the oil..ive takin videos of the noise to show people

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The noise is only on a cold start up after that the truck is fine

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
8/6/2017
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 6 months ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Good morning.Do you have the HEMI engine? If yes then crawl under the vehicle and with a screwdriver see if you can pick up the heat shield at the rear of the exhaust manifolds. We are seeing quite a few broken exhaust bolts.Let me know what you find,
Brad
-Brad-
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech