Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2007 Nitro RT. The key fob does not work. That is…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Nitro RT. The key fob does not work. That is OK, but when I unlock the door manually, the alarm goes off. HOW CAN i LOCK THE DOORS AND REENTER WITHOUT HEARING THE ALARM?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

NO

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Nitro yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES, AND HAVE DONE NOTHING. i JUST BOUGHT THE CAR.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
8/6/2017
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 1 year ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Alarm (VTSS) goes off when unlocking doors with a key. Door lock cylinders no longer have door
disarm circuits. The security alarm can only be disarmed with a programmed key registered to the
vehicle. Once the alarm has been triggered, and valid unlock lock request is required by remote or by
inserting a programmed key into the ignition and turning it to the run position. Changes to the door
lock disarm functions improved the vehicles security allowing only the vehicles electronic systems to
disarm with a valid programmed key.

If you can unlock the vehicle with the key and start it then if the key is good then alarm will shut off, if not then you have a bad key and you will either need to call a mobile locksmith to come and cut and program you a new key or have it towed to a dealership to get programmed..

Also if the battery has been replaced in the remote and it will not lock/unlock the doors to disarm the alarm then the remote inside the key is bad as well...

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses.. Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved...

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad