Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Air conditioning on but does'nt blow out of the vents. this…

Customer Question
Air conditioning on but...

Air conditioning on but does'nt blow out of the vents.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?

This just stated today. Wife and I went pick up our camper and own the way home I noticed cold air was very little coming out of the vents. I have an 06 dodge dakota w/3.7 v-6 with 76000.mi.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything. Its saturday p.m. nobodies open.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just want to know what's going own.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dodge
8/5/2017
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 11 months ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Sorry for the delay in getting a reply, I have quite a few customers I'm helping at the moment but I just thought I'd come and let you know I was working on your issues...

I see that the air doesn't blow out of your vents then can you tell me if it does come out anywhere? Does it try to come out the defrost or floor, and also does it work on all the settings? If you hear the blower come on high and it doesn't blow out the vents then you could have a evaporator that is freezing up, or a broken door or actuator. I just need a little more information to better get an idea on what is going on.

If you turn the selection knob do you hear the doors moving in the dash?

Does the fan work on all settings?

Do you feel the air coming out anywhere?

Also what is your VIN?

Talk soon,

Brad