Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Went on vacation. Came home. Started truck. It cranked a

Customer Question

Went on vacation. Came home. Started truck. It cranked a long time before starting. Runs poorly and pulls codes 0129, 0420, 0456, 0300, 0430, 0335.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Lights work and i don't believe that the battery is low. Truck runs poorly but seems to idle smoothly
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2004 ram 1500 4x4 quad cab
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 5 spd manual 176K miles. Just happened. Haven't tried anything yet? Trying to decide if it is major or minor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was running fine when I shut if off before going away for 5 days
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

What engine is in that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
4.7 V8

The main one I would be worried about is the 335 cam signal fault, I would check the cam sensors and test those for any issues, make sure its getting a good wave on the lab scope and all parameters are correct

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
0335 is a crankshaft sensor fault and not a camshaft. Camshaft is 0340 I believe. Not impressed with this response

sorry its crank I miss typed but ill let someone else help you but opting out, good luck with your repairs