Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Where is the distributor cap located on 2006 dodge 4x4 half…

Customer Question
Where is the distributor...

Where is the distributor cap located on 2006 dodge 4x4 half ton 2,58 liter engine

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

160,000 miles automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Dodge?

Laramie slt ram 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes doing tune up Imhave tried tracing the spark plug wires they wrap around back of engine block come arpund to other side of block to spark plugs

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
8/5/2017
Dodge Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 8 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Does your truck have the 5.7 engine in it?

truck has 5.8 liter

Can you post the vin number for your truck so i can look up the information you need?

Vin number is *****
Correction to previous information. My Dodge pickup is a 1996. All other information is correct.

Your truck is a 1996 1500 and it has the 5.9 magnum engine in it. The distributor is on the back of the intake on the drivers side, just off center.

If you remove the air cleaner housing you can get to it much easier.

kalamykid
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech