david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

MY GRANSON'S NITRO AC DOESN'T COOL, SYSTEM WAS CHARGED WITH

Customer Question

MY GRANSON'S NITRO AC DOESN'T COOL, SYSTEM WAS CHARGED WITH R134 LASTED 1 DAY. WE WERE TOLD THE EVAPORATOR PROBABLY HAS A LEAK.
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: FACTORY ORGINAL HOSE NITRO HAS APPROX. 70000 MILES
JA: What year is your Nitro?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Nitro yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I PLAN TO , WE WERE TOLD BOOK TIME IS 7.5 HOURS.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF THE ENTIRE DASH HAS TO BE REMOVE TO REMOVE THE EVAPORATOR
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

yes i am sorry to say the dash has to come out then the complete heater box assembly out to change it

it is a 7.5 hour even for a skilled tech

with what a big job this is i would leave it to a skilled tech to change it out for you

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will attempt the repair myself. I do have mechanical experience I was hoping for step by step procedure for evaporator removal. That is why I paid $30.00 for an answer other than advice to take to a trained technician.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am going to check All Data, thank just the same.
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, let me get you that procedure

what engine? 2.8 or 3.7 or 4.0?

do you still need the procedure ?