Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Have a 01 Ram 4x4 360 and have a shudder in Overdrive but…

Customer Question
Have a 01 Ram...

Have a 01 Ram 4x4 360 and have a shudder in Overdrive but when I cut overdrive off it stops why engine code 740

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

,740 how to reset I disconnected battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Change the fluid and filter so far

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
8/3/2017
Dodge Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 8 months ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok, the code is for the torque converter operation. it could be the solenoid, wiring, valve body or the torque converter itself.

the first thing I would do is go to a parts store and get the additive for torque converter shutter. from your description, this is what it sounds like. before going further, I would try this. the additive puts a coating on the clutches in the torque converter from slipping.

Roy

do you need any other help??

PLease take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that will allow the site to pay me for my efforts.

Roy

roy
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest