Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 1999 Dodge Dakota that will run for a few then die…

Customer Question
I have a 1999...

I have a 1999 Dodge Dakota that will run for a few then die while driving. Then it seems like it will sit and cool down and start up again

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have had one guy tell me he thinks it might be the PCM computer module because after my truck has been running a few it is hot to the touch

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?

No leaks and all coolant is good

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dodge
8/3/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Amedee, Dodge Technician replied 11 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Do you know if the engine has spark when it stalls out, cranks over but does not start?

Are there any codes in the computer?