Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Fan speed slowly dies. Replaced resistor and plug due to one

Customer Question

Fan speed slowly dies. Replaced resistor and plug due to one of the blades having coerrosion. Started car turned on act and it worked for a few min and fan speed slowly died down to nothing.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes! Not only that, I have the resistor removed and in my pocket. I started the truck and the fan came on and worked with the resistor removed.
JA: What year is your MINI?
Customer: Ram1500
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Are you chatting with me
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Answer my question...
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

At the blower locate the power wire with a volt meter or test light. No trace the other wire the ground wire. Between the blower and removed resistor this wire has to be damaged and touching another ground wire or the chassis to be getting a ground and allowing the blower to work with no resistor in place.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris