TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

I would like to put my 5.7 L Hemi into an 05 Mercedes Benz

Customer Question

I would like to put my 5.7 L Hemi into an 05 Mercedes Benz would like to know what it would take to do that
JA: What is the model of your '05 Dodge?
Customer: Yes it was
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My dad's Magnum was currently total loss but the engine is still good I put a lot of money into it was looking to put it into my Mercedes
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: Both of the cars are Auto sticks
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Dodge
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

you can do any custom modification like that , all you need is time and money, not a lot of people are putting those into Mercedes so some fab work is going to need to be done, as well as some wicked wiring skills

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well it is 01 e 320 it seems to have the room for the engine and transmission. Not sure how the wireing would match up.

it wouldnt, you would have to mate the engine controls to the mercedes unless you planed on doing a full gauge or dash swap.

then you are still left with the BCM and interior controls which will need to be configured to the system as well. lots of fun hotrodding!

The engine will fit but the wiring would be an issue*

do you have any other questions?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dont think a entire gauge swap would be fesable. Would like to keep it a sleeper
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Any recriminations on wireing

painless wiring harnesses could help you solve a lot of that, I would give them a call and see if the can provide some plug and play solutions .

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.