Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It cut off while driving right before it cut off the oil…

Customer Question
It cut off while...

It cut off while driving right before it cut off the oil light came on

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The oil light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

08 dodge charger

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Charger yourself? What have you tried so far?

I put three quarts of oil in it and it still does nothing

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
7/30/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1- You mean it will not turn over , or it cranks over but want start ?

2-And you added 3 quarts to it because you checked it and it WAS 3 QUARTS LOW CORRECT ?

3- WAS THERE ANY TOP END OR BOTTOM END NOISE WHEN DRIVING PRIOR FOR IT TO QUIT

LETS START HERE & WE GO FROM THERE

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it was low and it wont turn over
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't want to talk on the phone

ignore phone call request ,sorry website sending it no me

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there wasn't any noise

you could have locked up the engine .we need to check

or take starter out and try turning from flywheel with screw driver ,can you turn or no ?

try turning the belt by hand or crank shaft pulley if u have any tools ,can you turn it or it locked up ?

that will be your next step

does the starter clicks when try to star it ,does the lights dim down on dash when u try to start have u noticed ?

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW PDF FILE

CAN YOU TURN PULLEY NUMBER #4 IN THAT DIAGRAM I SENT YOU

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried turning to pulley in the diagram it wont turn

I Know not what you want to hear but that sound like engine locked up if you are 100% sure it want turn .

Take the oil out drain it and look for small metal shavings in it ,they sell a funnel that has like a screen in it where u can run the oil in it ,if metal found than yiu have internal damage

YOU ARE WELCOME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till LATE PM Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What would be the cheapest fix

To be hones ,cheapest , replace the engine do not rebuild it ,will be more expensive

used engine : $1000

labor $500 to 600

sorry about that

good luck with it