Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Won't start with key no power. But brake lights come on.

Customer Question
Won't start with key...

Won't start with key no power . But brake lights come on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Nothing comes on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the battery. And tried the over ride to start in nutral.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It sounded like the car unocked and locked then the panic went offf and stopped.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
7/30/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 1 year ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello and welcome to just answer. Do the headlights come on? And if so are they good and bright?

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Ok, then the battery has probably died. Do you have a voltmeter handy?

Chris

I see that you requested a phone call, but your credit card payment failed. Try again?

Chris

Hello?