Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

2005 buick lesabre custom, starts up and runs great for

Customer Question
2005 buick lesabre custom...

2005 buick lesabre custom, starts up and runs great for about 5mins. then shuts down wont restart, if it does wont idle and has random misfires getting code p0131 o2 sensor low voltage bank1 sensor 1, have replaced both sensors

Mechanic's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

Think that's it, will start and run good when cool

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
7/29/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

This is a common symptom of a failing fuel pump. Check fuel pressure with key on when vehicle will start and compare pressure to no start. If pressure is lower during no start this means the fuel pump needs to be replaced. Here are replacement instructions, let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8itia2jkm05cwt/bfprr.pdf?dl=0

hello my name is steve

Hello, it sounds like fuel pump is your issue. It is pretty each to change in this vehicle since there is a access hole in the trunk. Instructions are in link above from previous reply. Let me know how it goes or if you need anything, thanks.

Ever get it figured out? Thanks

Dan, Technician