Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2015 dodge durango nd the front seat airbag light…

Customer Question
I have a 2015...

I have a 2015 dodge durango nd the front seat airbag light is on and it chimes for about five minutes, when someone is in the front seat

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

How would I check that

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, just trouble shooting

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/29/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described since this occurs with someone in the front seat this indicates a fault with the seat weight sensing system.You may have a faulty weight sensor in the seat or it may need to be recalibrated with a dealers scan tool plugged into your vehicle.

This is a common issue and most of the time it can be recalibrated to resolve this fault.The charge to recalibrate it from a dealer in most cases is about an hours charge.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete