Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

My Dodge intrepid DOHC 2.7engine started overheat in my

Customer Question

My Dodge intrepid DOHC 2.7engine started overheat in my tank. I have check all the comain proble check hoses flush heater core even back flush engine fill rad.up,when check to see if water was going to recovertank there is a blockage the only thing left is thermostat
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no code engine run fine until I cut it off then tank boil over started 2 days ago
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Dodge Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What year is your Intrepid?
Customer: 2004 DOHC 2.7 V6
JA: Are you fixing your Intrepid yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes if there's a major problem MY best buddy work for dodge corps 30 yrs. work on prototype the first neon and intrepid. check hoses for leaks ,radiator, back flush heater core check for leaks from peakhole for water pump, haven't pull thermostat
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 2 months ago.

Hi welcome to just answers my name is***** the pressure cap. If the coolant is boiling at less than 230 degrees, it is not under 15 PSI pressure.

let me know if you still need help.