Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have been told by an auto shop i have a leaking injector

Customer Question

i have been told by an auto shop i have a leaking injector on my 2005 Dodge Ram Diesel 2500. What are the best injectors to install?
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: I use my dodge to pull a 32' Toy Hauler. Which hoses are you asking about?
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes i want to fix it myself. Added BG injector cleaner.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just it smokes real bad on acceleration and sluggish on take off.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The companies below make great injectors.You would have to contact them or have a technician contact them to order in the right ones.Going with factory replacement injectors is also always a good idea.

http://southerndieselx.com/

http://cppdiesel.com/cpp-sac-7-hole-24v/

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete