Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Air conditioning stopped being cold. Went to test for

Customer Question

air conditioning stopped being cold. Went to test for refridgerant, clutch turns off and on. Need it on to get an reading. Manual said to disconnect the cycling switch and add a jumper wire. did that ,now the clutch does not engage at all.
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2001 ram 1500
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. first responce is what i have tried
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Hook everything back up and back probe the connector on the compressor and monitor the power, see if it stays on steady or goes off when the clutch turns off