sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2012 dodge Durango with a no bus message on cluster

Customer Question

i have a 2012 dodge Durango with a no bus message on cluster and radio/AC/front power windows/rear power liftgate are not working
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, changed out the tipm and still the same when i disconnect the cluster, all modules not working start to work except the passenger door window
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it i had the cluster checked out
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
BBA Manufacturing checked the cluster and confirmed it is working fine.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is usually caused by a bad instrument cluster, the cluster is on the bus system and is a central part of it, have you had this on a scanner and seen if you can comunicate with the instrument cluster?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i have scanned it but cannot read it also cannot read any of the modules that are not working, i bypassed the can b wires straight from the tipm to the cluster and works fine, BBA Manufacturing has checked it out and confirmed it is good as well...
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 months ago.

so you cant even communicate with the PCM?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can communicate with the PCM, it is the cluster and the modules that are not working that I cannot communicate with
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 months ago.

have you tried disconnecing the other modules, and seeing if you can communicate with the cluster?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
still cannot communicate with cluster or any of the problem modules
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 months ago.

I will opt out, this will be hard to help with out actually being there, maybe another expert can help, hang tight,Tim

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many possible causes for what you're experiencing and it's going to require some in depth electrical testing; a scan tool capable of communication with all modules is going to be a must. It appears that the CAN IHS bus is down, which could be a failure in any module, a wiring issue, or it may be a failure in a star connector.

It appears you have an actual scan tool?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a scan tool