Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

My 2014 Dodge Journey was slightly hit in front-end. The

Customer Question

My 2014 Dodge Journey was slightly hit in front-end. The condenser was keeping the fan from turning on when idling. There's is no obstruction now but electric fan won't come on. Air works fine no problems or leaks other than over heating when idling.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working?
Customer: Car does not heat up when driving, wouldn't thermostat have to be working
JA: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes self, haven't done much otter then get coil free from electric fan
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just wondering if when obsrusruction could have burn fan motor up
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** motor do you have in this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
4 cyl
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do not want additional charge just your expertise by text
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 months ago.

ok, when the fan was obstructed, it very well could have burned up the fan motor, but it should have blown the fuse first, in the fuse bix under the hood, the fuse 148 is for the fan motor, can you check this fuse?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there away to check fan relay other than fuse, fan does turns freely. Just wondering if you can directly hook up Van to see if it turns like you used to be able to send the charge from battery to fan.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 months ago.

did you check the 148 fuse yet?