Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service &Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

My 2007 dodge 2500 with the six speed automatic transmission

Customer Question

my 2007 dodge 2500 with the six speed automatic transmission will shift fine when cool but when it warms up the transmission starts out in first, then shifts hard and sticks in fourth gear. sometimes I can turn the truck off for a few minutes and it will work fine again for a while
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it the original transmission?
Customer: 150,000 on the original trans
JA: Are you fixing your B2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had the filter and fluid changed but did not help
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

when you drained fluid did you find any metal shavings in it ?

did you have it scanned with factory scanner or equivalent to read tcm module faults ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had my mechanic do the fluid and filter change while he had the truck in for an A/C repair so I don't know what he found. There is nothing in the report about shavings and I don't know if he scanned it.

usually that is a valve body issue

but i suggest have it scanned with Chrysler scanner or equivalent make sure no fault codes, no low pressure issues, shift solenoid tcc solenoids , this way we are accurate

if you are not sure on the fluid ,do it again if it persist ,especial if you use it for moving heavy stuff

the trans cooler could be clogged ,so i suggest replacing it or check the flow of it ,common issue

YOU ARE WELCOME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till LATE PM Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat