Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

2005 dodge sprinter 3500 2.7L has stalling under

Customer Question

2005 dodge sprinter 3500 2.7L has stalling under medium/heavy acceleration. if left idling it will run all day. code set when stalling is P2047-001 and P2051-001 both say fuel rail pressure PSI malfunction max rail pressure exceeded. parts previously changed are lift pump, all injectors, swapped out both rail sensors and regulator, fuel filter, and fuse box assembly.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Expert:  Robert R replied 2 months ago.

When you stated you replaced both rail sensors, are you referring to the ones at the front and rear of the Fuel Rail? Did you replace the COMPLETE fuel rail or just the two parts on either end of the fuel rail??

Expert:  Robert R replied 2 months ago.

I see that you answered my above question on a NEW question. Keep in mind that it is NOT necessary to open a new question on every response. Post all responses to this same question to avoid confusion...

Since you replaced the two parts separately from the fuel rail I am going to let you know that it is NOT recommended to replace the Fuel Pressure Solenoid (the one at the rear of the fuel rail) separately. The torque spec is CRITICAL on installation of this part. Due to this it is HIGHLY recommended to replace the Fuel Rail ASSEMBLY in cases where the Fuel Pressure Solenoid is faulty.. When you purchase the Fuel Pressure Solenoid from the dealer it AUTOMATICALLY comes as a COMPLETE Fuel Rail Assembly.

This is definitely something to keep in the back of your mind in case you can't find any other causes...

By chance has there been other work done where the engine was removed or the wiring for the injection pump and air inlet tube had to be removed? I have seen issues where there are a couple connectors that can get crossed and cause problems... Here is a pic showing the two connectors in question, check this also to make sure they are not crossed... --->> Click Here to view <<---

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Expert:  Robert R replied 2 months ago.

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my answer, I want to say "Thanks", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also, I want to let you know you can bookmark ->>> My Profile Page <<<- in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not left a rating, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.