Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Cylinder 3 no compression. 2007 dodge charger r/t awd 5.7.

Customer Question
Cylinder 3 no compression. JA: What...
Cylinder 3 no compression.
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2007 dodge charger r/t awd 5.7
JA: Are you fixing your Charger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Mechanic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I think that's it. Thanks for the help
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/25/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Amedee, Dodge Technician replied 4 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Are you looking for ideas as to what could be causing this no compression issue on cylinder 3?

How to fix.

Ok, the cylinder head needs to be removed and sent out to a machine shop to get fixed.

Does that answer your question sir?

Hello??

Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 4 months ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work on these daily and I have a different opinion than the cylinder head itself causing your no compression. I would highly suspect a bad lifter causing your issues.. Can you remove the valvecover and spin the engine over and tell me if the rocker arms move as much as the rest? If cylinder 3 doesn't move as much as the rest then you have a collapsed lifter and the head will need to be removed to replace the lifters.. I do them so often that I took a picture of the bad lifter and what it will do the camshaft. If your lifter looks like the one in the picture then you will need to remove the other head, remove the lifters and also replace the camshaft as well..

I hope this helps you and in the future feel free to request me for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Have a great day,

Brad

Thanks guys for your help. I'll speak to my mechanic and let him know that I might not need a new engine. That there are other options.

You are very welcome!!

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE 5 Stars before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad

Dodge Mechanic: Amedee, Dodge Technician replied 3 months ago

Thanks for the picture Brad!

It is likely that you will need to pull the cylinder head to get this fixed.

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 3 months ago

When you pull the valvecover and see the rocker arms not moving as much as the rest then you will know the cylinder head itself is not the issue...

Have a great day,

Brad

I see that you have read my reply, but I have not got a reply back stating you need more help so I just wanted to check in with you...

Talk soon,

Brad

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses.. Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved...

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad

-Brad-
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech