Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a Chrysler 200 and the Electronic Throttle Light came

Customer Question

I have a Chrysler 200 and the Electronic Throttle Light came on a few times, ignored because car ran smoothly...my car was sitting 5 days without running, went to turn car on and nothing happen....got a jumpstart and was able to drive car home but the engine light was on the whole time....stop and got gas and the car shut off three times and had to be jumped to make it home
JA: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: it will not turn on...waiting on tow truck to take to my local mechanic
JA: What year is your 300?
Customer: its a 2012 Chrysler 200
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it a s 200, just pretty much jump start the car
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Gunvir Singh replied 2 months ago.

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

How old is your battery?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
5 yrs

The Electronic throttle light can come for any issue with the throttle body or charging system. Since your vehicle runs fine and no lack of power when driving that tells me throtte system is good. The problem could be froma weak battery or a weak alternator not charging under specifications.