Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 1995 dodge pu 1500 4x4 it has problems starting

Customer Question

I have a 1995 dodge pu 1500 4x4 it has problems starting then the other I heard an air leak I found the egr transducer melted I replaced it and the new one melted also whats going on how do I fix this
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: lines are old and I really don't use this truck it is my backup vehicle sometimes I start it up but lately have problems starting
JA: Are you fixing your B1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes nothing yet just replacing the transducer that melted too stop the air leak but the new one melted also
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I took it
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Are you saying that the engine cranks over and does not start or has a hard time starting?

Have you checked the fuel pressure or for codes in the computer?

How does the engine run when it does start? Does it have plenty of power under a load? Does it idle good?

Are you looking for some possible causes?