sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2006 Dodge Grand caravan SX and the right turn

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Dodge Grand caravan SX and the right turn singal and lower fog light have stop working I have replaced the bulbs sitt no light have check wire harness concection at the light no power to either light.. Headlight works an all other turn signal lights are working the lower driver side fog light works as well I think it's a wireing problem within the wire haress or other connector along the wireing route.. looking for a wring diagram..
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Consistant..
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: doing it my self... Lights just quit working.. I have tested the connectin at the light fixture for 12 v current nothing I have done a physical inspection of the haress as it travel across the f lower front of the body all looks intact
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's possible that you could have a wiring issue to each light that is not working but there may also be separate problems. The turn signal issue could be the body controller, wiring, or the integrated power module. The fog lamp could be the integrated power module or wiring.

Are all other lights including high beams and low beams working correctly?

Have you tried a battery disconnect?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have check all fuse and flasher.. can you explain "body controller" I was looking for a wiring diagram so that I can trace the front wiring route .. thinking it's a connection problem along the wriing harness . I did a battery disconnect it didn't change anything problem still exist..

The body controller is what powers the turn signals.

Did the problems start after any work was done, body damage, etc?

Can you post the VIN?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can you be more specific about why you think iT's the body controller and where is this unit located in vehicle... when i dont have the headlight on I get a week turn signal blinking.. when i turn on headlight I get no Rt front turn signal.. all other turn signal work at anytime.. I feel the problem is in the right turn signal harness or wiring.. if i had a controller issue wouldn't I have problems with rt rear turn signal as well.. vehicle Vin #2D4GP44L86R880078...

In light of the new information it sounds as if you have a poor ground.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Poor Ground that's what I was Thinking.. where is the electrical system ground? I have clean the Battery ground terminal would the electric system for the turn signal be Grounded Where... all other lights appear to be running nice and bright could you advise more specific area to check..

What you would want to do is either supply a redundant ground for testing or voltage drop test the ground circuit with the lights on.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That why a wiring Diagram would help me with this problem can you supply me with one..

I'm unable to post material directly from the service information due to copyright.

The ground wires are black/tan.