Dan, Technician
Experience:  2 Year Auto Diploma and Database Access
17871496

My motor is real loud like a duct is plugged up

Customer Question

my motor is real loud like a duct is plugged up
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Does air still come out of all of the vents like it should? Defrost, vents, and floor?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
air comes out . it is just loud
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

This would mean the blower motor is getting worn, I would recommend replacing it before you burn out your resistor too. Let me know if you have more questions, here are replacement instructions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lg8wxnflf1p4df5/dbmr.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it only has 50,000 miles on it but maybe the motor is shot. I am a disabled vet and cant check any more after spending 49 years in the maintenance field. I have also been to dodge school in Warren. If it is just the motor I will get it replaced. I just cant check it any more.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

I hear ya, this is about a hour labor at a shop and around $100 for the part so around $200 total depending on where you go. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks