Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Technician with over 20 years experience.
1627031

Where is the transmission control relay on a 2007 Chrysler

Customer Question

Where is the transmission control relay on a 2007 Chrysler Sebring 2.7 v6
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 3 months ago.
Hello my name is***** control relays for the transmission are built permanently into the integrated power module. Is module is actually the fuse box located under the hood. There is no way to replace these parts separately. The entire fuse box will need to be replaced. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What is the function to the 4 relays mounted on top of the integrated power module?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm trying to trouble shoot a p0882
Most of the time this is a voltage issue. I would check and clean all of the grounds and load test the battery and alternator as these are the most likely causes of this.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We have installed a new battery, and any information on the fiction of the 4 relays?
The relays do provide power to the transmission and control module. If the integrated module fails internally, which is common, then this will occur. You would need a good Chrysler compatible scan tool to scan the integrated power module.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
our local dealer has replaced the TIPM
If the TIPM has been replaced then you have an issue with the wiring to the TCM or the power train control module is failing. The wiring would need to be tested typically with a breakout box to find the issue.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, can you tell me what the 4 relays do?
Two of them are ignition supply voltage inputs, one is TCM main power and the other is TCM output voltage.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok awesome :) in what order?
TCM, two ignition, TCM output.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Any pictures? Is that order from the canter of the engine out to fender? Or from fender to center of engine?

These relays are internal and you cannot see them. They are built into the TIPM.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you tell me what these 4 relays do?
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 2 months ago.

That is the ASD relay and the three fan relays.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you help me diagnose if I got a bad TIPM? I scanned the TIPM and got a P128D

This code is for an internal power failure in the TIPM. I do think that your TIPM is bad.