TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

We are trying to connection a trailer hitch, and need to

Customer Question

We are trying to connection a trailer hitch, and need to know the colour codes of the rear brakes, etc
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Dodge. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: Just the lights, and brakes colour codes
Category: Dodge
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

What kind of kit did you get to install the trailer lights?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hopkins towing solutions basic

Is it vehicle specific? or universal? I googled that working and came up with a harness with no module on it? does yours have a module? can you send a picture of it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It says the brown is the brakes, yellow is left turn, and the green is right turn signal. We have figured out the left turn and the brake by opening up the left light panelsl. But don't know which wire connection is the right turn signal
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The end connection is just an open end wire, and we spliced it into the existing car wires

ok you just have a harness that is for after the module, you need to get either a plug and play unit or a universal trailer kit, if you hook up all the wires to that you will have a huge electrical problem

I recommend the plug and play because it taps right into your harness and dosent damage any wires

Whats the year make and model of the vehicle and I can show you what you need

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is what they auto dealer sold us. And told us to find the colour codes online and hook it up to the corresponding colours

they are wrong, I can give you the colors but its only going to cause a ton of electrical problems,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. Thanks for your help. We'll take it to autoshop to get it figured out

If you can give me the year make and model I can send you a link to the right harness.

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had already given the make an model in the original question. Were driving over to the mechanic to get this straightened out. Have a good day

sounds good, dont forget to give me a rating before you leave its in the top right hand corner

I have helped you right ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not really

what do you mean, I indicated the harness is wrong and am trying to get you the right parts and also saved you from a electrical fire, what else can I do ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The harness wasn't wrong. The automotive centre at the wall art told us that was the one that would work. They showed us how to tap into the existing wires with these little blue clips. The only thing we needed was to know what wires to clip them to. The automotive department said we could bypass the 60 dollar mechanic fee if we did the labour ourselves. So that's why I asked for the color code of the wires. Which we ended finding on our own.