Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I just replaced my water pump and thermostat on my

Customer Question

I just replaced my water pump and thermostat on my 2006/3500/5.9 Cummins. I am getting a fast check engine light and a clicking in the engine on the right side. I did not disconnect the negative cables on the batteries before I started/forgot/ but did disconnect both after the fact and checked the ground wires for looseness. I cant get any codes wont connect.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

What is wrong with the vehicle other than what you mentioned? Will it start?

Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Do you have access to a multi-meter to do some electrical testing?