Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

No power to it at all if I let it set more than a couple

Customer Question

No power to it at all if I let it set more than a couple hours. It's a 99 SLT V8 5.9- Alternator, Starter, Battery are all good. Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with relays or safety switch. I'm more inclined to think it's an ignition switch problem. Thoughts?
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Consistent. When it's running it runs strong. Pulled fuse 10 (interior/park lamp) and it doesn't drain the battery now.
JA: What is the model of your '99 Dodge?
Customer: SLT
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, replaced - starter, alternator, fuses,relays.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also new battery.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Todd M replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The issue that you are having is going to be a short somewhere in the interior park lamps circuits. Are any of your lights not functioning or functioning erratically? May I have the vehicle model so that I may assist you further?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Model is SLT- Nothing is not erratic or not working as it should (that I know of). I have no stereo in it (all wires are covered). I don't really use any of the lights.
Expert:  Todd M replied 3 months ago.

We'll try this another way. The vehicle is a Dodge 'something' SLT... You can also give me the VIN and I will be able to check this way.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Durango- sorry thought I put that in.
Expert:  Todd M replied 3 months ago.

No problem at all. Thank you. Are of the lights not functioning or functioning erratically?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
othing is not erratic or not working as it should (that I know of). I have no stereo in it (all wires are covered). I don't really use any of the lights.
Expert:  Todd M replied 3 months ago.

Thank you. Give me a few moments, please, in order to check for probable areas of concern.

Expert:  Todd M replied 3 months ago.

I will opt out and allow another expert to help you.

Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Do the domelight work? What about the brake lights and headlights? Can you please post your Vin number for me? Thank you!