sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I am not getting power to the ac clutch. I installed a new

Customer Question

I am not getting power to the ac clutch. I installed a new compressor and accumulater and switch and there is no wire contact on the fuse box for the #30 clutch relay
JA: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?
Customer: 0 its new
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2001 ram 1500 with 5.9
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ireplaced the accum. compressor had it cleaned out and recharged also the switch on te accumulator
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: and the relay switch
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Todd M replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I see that you have done a few things to correct your issue. Have you checked fuse #11 in the junction block, and fuse J in the power distribution center?

Expert:  Todd M replied 3 months ago.

Here I have provided the electrical information for the circuits.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there is no wire in the junction box for clutch relay #30 and can I jump the clutch from the battery and if so
how do iit
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have already been charged $28.00 on my card and have not received any answers to my questions . I am trying to fix
my air conditioning myself. I came to this site in hope of getting some help . it asked for $5.00 deposit . before ii received
any answer or made any other agreement I already had $33.00 taken off my card. I still have no kind of answer to my ? and
your asking for a rating . you gotta be kidding

You paid a deposit to ask a question per the site's terms of service. If you have a billing question you need to contact customer service.

I've asked if you still needed help diagnosing the problem as the first person helping opened the question for others.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
far its been about 10 days and $33.00 its been in the 100s for the last 2 weeks I'm just trying to fix my truck myself
because I cant afford to pay a skilled person on my pension. yes I still need help but I'm not going to pay another dime
for the same thing i have already paid for and still haven't received and i will be dammed before i pay $26.00 for a phone call.
its clear nothing is going to happen here without more $$$$$
What was the original problem that these parts were replaced for?How was the system charged?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the bearing for the pulley went out, I bought the compressor and accumulater as a kit with o rings / I took it to a shop to have it evacuated . I put the new parts on took it back to the shop to have it charged but the clutch wouldn't turn or cycle , iput in a new clutch relay still didn't turn I asked how they charged it and was told they charged it from the low side . what I understood was that it couldn't be charged without the clutch turning. the air condition worked before the bearing went

If a shop charged it then they most likely used a recovery machine and did it properly.

You mentioned believing a terminal in the PDC for the compressor clutch relay was missing. Can you upload a picture of what you're seeing there?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
unable to upload photo it is a 5 prong relay 3 prongs in the back running front to back and 2 with 1 over 1 running side ways
the #30 is the middle in the back. in the fuse block there is no contact in that space. I went to the wreaking yard and found the same thing on another dodge truck but it was that way when it was working

You're looking at 87a rather than 30. 87a isn't used.

How many power feeds are present at the relay with the engine running?