Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

P0032 code, P0032 and yes, 2 Sensor 1/1 Heater Circuit high

Customer Question

p0032 code
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: P0032 and yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2 Sensor 1/1 Heater Circuit high 2005 dodge caravan
JA: Are you fixing your Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The car sometimes seems to not be getting fuel, hesitates then kicks right back in. The radiator and muffler were recently replaced.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

HI,

Ok, does yours have the 2.4 or 3.3L engine

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
3.3
Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

HI,

Ok, do you have a multimeter for testing?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no
Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

HI,

Ok, possible causes are the O2 sensor, short or open in the wiring harness, or the powertrain control module.

While the overwhelming majority of the time it is the O2 sensor, I always recommend testing to be sure.

The Bank1 Sensor1 is located screwed into the exhaust manifold that faces the firewall - see attached

You can replace it based on it being the usual issue, but I cannot guarantee it without testing. Directions are attached

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page

Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

Unless you have a further question on this, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.