-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

07 Dodge RAM 2500 Hemi, 4x4 doesn't work...

Customer Question

39;07 Dodge RAM 2500 Hemi, 4x4 doesn't work...
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

The first step will be to connect a scantool and see what codes are in the TIPM. Can you do this and post the codes here?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I took my snap-on scantool and figured out I can't connect to the 4x4 module, the snap-on stays on displaying if the key is on contact...
Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Post the codes here if you get them..

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can t connect the 4wd module, rest of the modules I can connect. So because of IT doesn t connect the 4wd module I can t take out any code.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

On your model the TIPM which is the fuse box under the hood controls the transfercase.. If you can't communicate with the TIPM then it will need to be replaced..