Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

My 2014 Ram 3500 with cummings engine shows a code of U3017

Customer Question

My 2014 Ram 3500 with cummings engine shows a code of U3017 On my way to Calgary from Northern Ontario Should I worry engine light came on once and awhile.
JA: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: Yes the trouble code does not show a fix code is U3017
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I do not know what to look for I am 500 miles away from any Chrysler dealer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want to make sure I can drive it to a garrage the way it is.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Ok, it is ok to drive the vehicle until you have a chance to visit the dealer. There is a software update that addresses this concern. When you take it in the technician will flash update the PCM per the following Service Bulletin --->> Click Here to view <<---

Once the software update is complete, the problem should be solved...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer! .

Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my answer, I want to say "Thanks", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also, I want to let you know you can bookmark ->>> My Profile Page <<<- in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not left a rating, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.