Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Battery keeps draining even with new battery new alternater…

battery keeps draining even...

battery keeps draining even with new battery new alternater what now

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Last pair ofbattery bought did start to leak

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2006 dodge cumming 250

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your B250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing don't no what to do am disable willing to do any thing or at least find out promble

6/25/2017
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Most likely one of the electronics is shorted out needing replaced or left on causing this issue.I have seen seat switches,radio and relays at fault for this issue but there are several components in your vehicle that can cause this issue here.What has to be done is a parasitic battery drain/draw test performed to locate which component is causing this fault here needing replaced.If you would like I can post the procedure on how this is done.This will require a multi meter to do this testing.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician
what is a seat switches

These would be the switches that control the seats forward and back movement as well as tilt and other position.You want to have the parasitic drain/draw test performed to locate which component that is causing this fault here then that component replaced.This will require a multi meter for electrical testing to be sure.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician