Merc320
Merc320, Technician
Experience:  City & guilds pt 1 & 2
22484842

Bought moog upper front control arms for my 1999 dodge ram

Customer Question

bought moog upper front control arms for my 1999 dodge ram van 1500. cannot get the ball joint stud into steering knuckle deep enough to expose threads and screw the castle nut on.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The ball joints were preinstalled. Maybe I didn't grease them up enough? Ball joint press kit from O'Reilly might be the wrong one? Are they supposed to press the knuckle to the ball joint stud? There is hardly any room to get the ratchet over the presser crank and barely fit it below the steering knuckle. I must be doing something very wrong.
Expert:  Merc320 replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist.

Can you measure the old ball joint with the new ball joint it sounds like you may have the wrong size.

there is somtimes different ball joint sizes for different models.